Although we’re seeing signs of reduced supply risk globally, costs remain high. European and US markets are still facing acute risks that will ultimately impact automakers’ and battery makers’ strategies and bottom lines.
Aggressive EV goals from automakers and battery makers and policies from the European and US governments seem to run counter to the supply and price risk reality.
Something has to give.
The replay of our Fastmarkets NewGen webinar from November 15th 2022 discusses:
• Expected supply and demand balances for different battery materials
• The different global and regional realities as supply chains become more regional in nature
• The battery cost challenge and what that may mean for mass EV adoption
• The apparent conflict between ESG and commercial priorities
• Scenarios that can mitigate supply and price risk and unleash the full potential of the European and US markets
Executive Vice President, Analytics